Saturday, January 9, 2010



Sat. January 9, 2010.
Today we discussed the leak. We were planning on doing taxes, fix a leak in the bathroom and just enjoying the day. Well after the mid morning nap time and missing Kenneth's 1st basketball game of the season in which he made a basket, Dad got up and proceeded to make decisions. He brought me all the faucets and asked me which one I would like him to put in the kitchen. The faucet is leaking at the base and making the counter top rot. Not a good thing. I made a decision and he went downstairs to check the leak in the bathroom. Just a minor item to repair. Next thing I hear noises that sound like hammering and hammering. He comes up somewhat disturbed that what he was working on broke off and cannot be fixed. At this point, we stay out of the way. Never get in the way of a man upset over a screw with a hammer in hand.
As the day went on, I stayed out of the way till I hear my name being beckoned. Apparently the screw he was trying to get out to take off the handle of the drip broke and he couldn't get it out. Then after dissembling most of it the pipe behind it broke. Did I say the pipe is inside the wall behind the tub. Yes, it was. He surfaced for air and made his status known while in my arena. I proceeded to explain that all was not lost but I would like to give my opinion about the problem.
We went down and I gave a most wonderful design layout of what could be the bathroom. Take out the tub and open the area into the storage closet behind it. yes. no.
Keep tone neutral, we talked about options. I reminded him that it was just the two of us and the perfect time to consider taking out the tub that was way too big and cracking from years of wear. But, he said, it is a two week project. I said we have all the time in the world. No rush. It's just us. We settled on an option of least resistance for him and I still get a new tub. So what started with a leak has now become a remodeling project. I better get to cooking a good meal cause men don't do well on an empty stomach. It's there nature. Hungry stomachs mean very grouchy men.
Today is part one. check it out. To be continued:

No comments:

Post a Comment